I have a couple of NSV’s (non-scale victories) to report….
Well a few months ago I went to Old Navy and bought new work pants (long overdue) and I got size 14’s that fit like a glove!!!! Well yesterday I went to New York & Company to look for some crops/shorts ect for my cruise. I began trying on 18’s because I was convinced that their sizes ran really small haha I actually went into the store not even believing that the 18’s would fit. I felt dumb because they like fell off me. Long story short, I ended up buying a size 12!!! Even more exciting is I tried on the 10’s as well and was able to zip and button them. I kept the receipt for my 12’s because if I am able to drop the 10lbs I want I am going back to exchange them for a size 10 before the cruise!!! Yahoo!
Another NSV…..My wedding ring and band are a size 8.25 and they have been too big to wear for a while now. Yesterday I finally dropped them off to get resized! The smallest ring size I have ever worn is a 7 so I was expecting to get back around that but the man at the jewelry store kept going smaller and smaller and smaller he was actually able to get the 6 on me but it was hard to get off so we went with the 6.5! That is almost 2 ring sizes lost; you don’t even realize you gain that much in your hands. Craziness. I do have bigger bones though; I don’t have a petite frame by any means. He was feeling my finger and said that I don’t have much on there and he imagines I’ll get to about a size 6 ring finger.
It’s so nice to share some NSV’s because it’s so important that the number on the scale isn’t your only goal. =) Have you had any NSV’s? I’d love to hear about some other people’s recent non-scale victories. NSV’s make me happy. lol.
http://www.myotherbutt.blogspot.com
Stacy, who was banded on 2/11/11!!
http://bandofdreams.blogspot.com/
Check out these New Blogs!!
Sharon, who's surgery is tomorrow!! http://www.myotherbutt.blogspot.com
Stacy, who was banded on 2/11/11!!
http://bandofdreams.blogspot.com/
8 comments:
I love your NSVs and just experienced both of the same ones this last week. Doesn't it feel soooo good? I have been wearing a little adjustable ring above my wedding set just to keep them on my body. Love it! And New York and Company does run small, but you are SMALL. Awesome!
I started out a size 10, and had it taken down to an 8.5 a while ago I'm ready to go down more, I no longer wear them to work for fear of losing them. But I am putting it off until summer. Love hearing ur nsv's!
Great NSV's!! Thanks for sharing!
Great NSV's !!!!
Thank you for posting my blog!! You are doing a great job at the weight loss! Congrats on your NSV.
Congratulations! NSVs are so important to recognize. My rings are definately falling off me when I'm cold, but they fit perfectly whenever I'm exercising or the blood is flowing so I don't want them to consider getting them sized until they are getting loose when I'm heated up too.
I cannot WAIT to shop at NY&Co. Good for you and seriously - keep those receipts. I bet those 10s will be calling your name before the cruise!
How excited you must be. Not being able to wear your rings must have been hard. And a size 12. That is just great. I'll bet your hubby is so proud of you.
Awww! Your NSVs make ME happy too! Congratulations!
Post a Comment