Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Plus-sized Model Crystal Renn

This is a picture of Crystal Rem. I worked at Lane Bryant a long time ago and she often was a model for them so I recognized her from the advertisements. Here is a link to the article if you want the whole story but basically she struggled with an eating disorder to be thin like the professional scout that found her told her she had to be. Later she gained weight and became a successful plus size model and now as you can see (picture on the left) she has returned to a smaller frame.


"Renn said to the United Kingdom's Daily Mail. 'Now I'm a 6, 8, sometimes a 10, depending on what designer I'm wearing.'" 

I have a feeling designer sizes are much like wedding dress sizes, awful! Meaning, I think shes probably smaller than 6/8. I'm a 6/8 and I don't look anywhere close to that tiny! I'm not criticizing her at all because heck I would LOVE to look that fabulous, I just hope she's healthy you know?

Anyway I know it's a little off topic I just thought it was interesting!!!! I walked a 5k yesterday in the abnormal April New England Heat, it was like 90! I loved it!  =)

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Great job on the walking!!

I often wonder when I see famous people that dropped a lot of weight what they are doing to get there. Cocaine or personal trainer??

DiZneDiVa said...

I hope she's healthy... but she looks great in both photos. What a business that it!

Tina said...

the sizing is different in the UK. My guess is they changed them for the article. I wear a 12/14 in the UK and an 8/10 here.

I will have to go read it and see what she says..thanks for posting it.

xxxooo

Lady Lap Band said...

I didn't think of that Tina! That makes me feel a little better, I'm sure you are right she probably is technically a 6/8 then! =) Thanks for pointing that out!

Breanne
www.ladylapband.com