Tuesday, September 29, 2009

28 Days To A Better Me - A Personal Challenge

Okay, I am so ready to admit it, I've been bad! I so thought I was out of the woods, that food wasn't going to control me anymore but I guess you could say I relapsed. That said, I am not dwelling on it I am just here to say that I am ready to get sober again lol in a sense anyway.


Are any of you watching Dr. Oz???? He's so fantastic and he says it takes 28 days to break a habits and create new ones. So I am challenging myself to make 5 changes (that I have chosen) for the next 28 days. So here are the changes I have decided to make......


  1. Replace Breakfast with a Protein Drink

  2. Drink 64oz of Water and/or Crystal Light Daily

  3. No Snacking, none at all!!

  4. Participate in 1 Hour of Cardio Activity 7 Days a Week!

  5. Strengthen my Core by doing Pilates 7 Days a Week!

Now, is this a tall order, yes!!!! Can you imagine if I actually did this though??? Wow I can't wait to see what my body looks like in 28 days! Keep a look out because I am going to be posting regularly, my triumphs and my struggles. Day 1 is Oct 1st!!!

6 comments:

Kinzie said...

I have been watching Dr Oz too (DVR). He always has some helpful hints and amazing insights. You 28 day plan is going to be super tough. Good luck to you!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

i've only seen outtakes of Oz but I'm going to hunt down his show and record it, I love his approach. The poo show was helpful to me, haha!

We all struggle and get back up. I think I remember you saying you were a christian like me. I use prayer ALOT through this process. I pray when I think about bad foods, I pray for my mental strength and for Him to help me reach my goals if it's what he sees fit for me.

We will make it! You are smaller than me too so your weightloss would be different. I must say, I am super duper stoked to see your 25 lbs down pictures!!!

Good luck with the challenge.

THE DASH! said...

Wow
You have set yourself a hard(ish) task but It's def all doable! I look forward to seeing how you do go... I just know you can do it! You're a strong, strong girl.
Cara

Unknown said...

I would like to suggest you take your protein drink after your workout. ESPECIALLY if you do any lifting. I was doing it in the morning too until I learned that it's best after the workout to replenish the protein in your body. It may also be good to have some before and after the workout. (just split it) I've been researching this stuff because i get lots of advice from beefcakes :)) in the gym.

Cortney Delaney said...

Wow those are some incredible challenges you have set. I know you have the mindset that you will do it so I know it will be a huge success for you. That is great! I have not watched Dr. Oz much, I have one of his books but not really watched him on TV. I think it is great what you are doing and might have to think about adding some challenges for me in the future! Can't wait to see your success!!!

Lady Lap Band said...

Man I love how you all are so encouraging! Thanks it means the world to me! These are definetly going to be tough challenges. The hardest for me will be the 1 hour of cardio. Yikes!