So apparently this fill has given me some restriction and I need to take it a bit easier!!! I guess because I didn't feel anything from the first 2 fills that I expected to feel nothing from this one as well. Not the case and I am really really excited about that!! I am a little nervous to eat real food like chicken and what not because it hurt so much! Any suggestions??
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Ouch!
Ok so I ate 3oz of protein, felt just fine! Then about 5 minutes later, look out! I thought I might die lol. It was such a tight feeling in my chest and I felt like the food was in my throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not even the worst of it, then my mouth was like watering like crazy ( I think maybe this is what they called frothing?? ) Well, eventually it went away, probably took about 15 minutes but I felt find after that. Part 2 of the story, I took my mom out for her birthday to get lunch. I decided to just get soup but she gave me literally 2 wicked small bites of her chicken and I got really uncomfortable all over again, not as bad as the first time but it took a good 10 minutes before I felt ok enough to eat my soup.
So apparently this fill has given me some restriction and I need to take it a bit easier!!! I guess because I didn't feel anything from the first 2 fills that I expected to feel nothing from this one as well. Not the case and I am really really excited about that!! I am a little nervous to eat real food like chicken and what not because it hurt so much! Any suggestions??
So apparently this fill has given me some restriction and I need to take it a bit easier!!! I guess because I didn't feel anything from the first 2 fills that I expected to feel nothing from this one as well. Not the case and I am really really excited about that!! I am a little nervous to eat real food like chicken and what not because it hurt so much! Any suggestions??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I had that same problem from my fill. My dr actually requires 1 day clear liquids, 1 full liquids, 1 day mushies - after each fill. I think next time I am going to stick with full liquids and mushies for a little bit longer before i move on. Hope it gets better for you soon.
I was going to same the same as Natalia- maybe liquids followed by mush(ies) can help ease you in a bit.
Sheesh- that sounds really scary and uncomfortable.
My Dr has me on liquids for the remainder of the day when I get a fill and then I can eat normally the next day. But, I have to eat very small pieces and chew, chew, chew before swallowing. Then wait before taking the next bite. Otherwise you will get the sliming and pain often. Sounds like you are close to your sweet spot. Hang in there.
if this isn't the sweet spot, then what does the sweet spot feel like??
Yikes, that sounds painful! I got a preview of the stuck feeling today when I swallowed a giant pain pill whole. Not cool!
Hope you feel better!
It's trial and error. I avoided chicken for a good week after my 2nd fill b/c I hear that is a trouble food for a bunch of people. Ok with it now if its' super small, like dime sized. And I HAVe to get it in b/c I do not eat red meat! You will get used to it.
So hows it going with getting stuck? I see you got another fill after this. Does that mean you figured out how to eat with the band a little better? Any tips? I get stuck a lot but Im not at my sweet spot. Sounds like that was what was happening to you too. Im still trying to figure it out because I want another fill, but I have to wait till I stop getting stuck.
Post a Comment