Soooo I had my fill and it went wonderfully! I got .5cc which makes me now at 5.5! I am really expecting to start seeing my numbers dropping again! Thank you Jesus!! lol. I couldn't get another fill appointment until the end of January though! They are really busy at Hospital! I am going to try and call every now and then and try to get a cancellation!
I also had a Physical Appointment and everything went great there too. My doc was super happy about my 35lbs loss! She started me back up on metformin. For anyone who doesn't know what metformin is.......it's a diabetic drug. What I'm diabetic?? Nope I'm not....sike lol.....one of the side effects of metformin is that it helps PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Last year she tried me on 500mg once daily for 3 months to see how I would react to it. Everything went fine so she doubled my dose and wrote me a prescription for the year so I am very happy with that! I found this website that explains metformin and what it does for pcos if anyone out there is interested!!
8 comments:
Cool, I'll be interested to know how the metformin works. A good friend has PCOS and she's just had a baby and that's supposed to help but it's good to know other options are out there. I'll send her that link.
i hope this restriction helps you along!
whattttt I never knew you had pcos!! one of my really good friends just got diagnosed with it!
sounds like your fill went well, mine did too! Was Corinne in a horrible mood for you?? She was to me and even admitted to it! :( My next fill got scheduled for 1/29 @ 8:30am
Good luck with the fill, they an be tricky!
I am on metformin for PCOS too. The PCOS causes me to have huge insulin resistance. I went to a doctor one time and they had me on 750mg 3x a day!! The PCOS got so much better and I lost almost 40lbs. I went back on it earlier this summer, but I was only taking 500mg. I noticed a difference, but not a huge one. I am working my way back up to three times a day, but slowly since it upsets my stomach. I am hoping that I lose enough weight that the PCOS goes away, but I am happy that with my band I will always have a tool to help counteract the weight gaining affects that PCOS has!!
Well good luck w/ the PCOS! I hope the medication helps or makes it better. And I hope you have great success w/ this fill!
Good luck with your fill. I go Tuesday for mine. I am hoping to finally start losing again instead of just maintaining.
Amen to that Kathy! lol
Post a Comment