Like last year, I'm not making a resolution to loose weight. That just would not make sense. On June 19, 2009 when I had the Lap Band Surgery I made a commitment right then and there for the rest of my life and for the New Year I just am planning on sticking to my commitment.
I do hope to hit my goal this year though. What my goal is however, is another question. I am confused to be perfectly honest with you. When you look at the weight charts for my height it says for a 5ft 5in woman you should between 111lbs-150lbs so I thought, aim for the middle - my goal has always been 125lbs. Then my doctor and many other medical professionals have told me that I would look skeletal at 125lbs. My nurse practitioner told me that my ideal weight would be 138lbs. I do think that sounds like a good number so for right now I am treating 138lbs as my goal weight. Not to say that once I hit it I might re-evaluate lol you have to know me after all this time of reading my blog - I change my mind a lot haha.
So here is to the new year and hitting my goals! Looking forward to meeting New Bandsters in the New Year and continuing to follow old friends!!! =) Cheers!!
4 comments:
I'm a slow loser too so I can relate to being a bit disappointed over weigt loss. But I do think about how many years have passed with a gain versus a loss, so it is good to keep the big picture in mind.
The impact of every 5 lb loss on your health is amazing. I think 38 is substantial...if you were to see 38 lbs of meat at the store, you would be amazed. You are doing awesome!
Well that goal weight is 40 pounds for this year which is about what you did last year. Totally doable :D
That is a great job! Every pound is toward a better life!
Post a Comment