I was reading a post on Lap Band Talk and the poster stated that when they told an individual they were getting the Lap Band that person said, and I quote "it's for lazy people".
Now hands up, how many people does that not sit right with?? I can just imagine because it doesn't sit well with me. People like this are the reason I decided not to disclose my decision. If you are still debating getting the Lap Band please don't like uninformed people like this change your mind.
Just like people who don't have a drug addiction or an alcohol addiction and therefore don't get why people can't just stop, they don't understand a food addiction either. I mean, how could they if they have never struggled with their weight?? I think people with addictions have empathy for other people with addictions regardless of the type, I do at least.
On a completely different note...I cannot believe I didn't realize this when it happened but I am OVERWEIGHT!!! Isn't that exciting?? hahaha I find it so funny that I am excited about that just like I did when I went from Morbidly Obese to just Obese. 25lbs to go until I am "Normal" which would be the first time ever I was in the normal category - wicked cool =)
8 comments:
That is wicked cool! Good for you. Yu will be "normal" before you know it. :D
I am annoyed by that remark and I don't even have a band! lol I get so pissed off when I hear remarks like this. Anyone who has done their research and believe me, I have done a huge load of it, as I seriously considered both GB and a band, in the past and I don't even think about any surgery without a lot of research) knows that any WLS is not a magic bullet or a cure or an easy way out. It is a tool. A tool that must be used the right way to do it's job. A tool, that if not used correctly can fail. WLS patients who work the tool right work their arses off. Every day. All day.
Sorry about that. I just feel passionately about this. Weight loss, with or without surgery is a long, hard row to hoe and detractors don't make it any easier.
I agree with you about the "Normal" People's Preception of lapband paitents. Anyway, I often wish that I didn't tell people that I got the band... since it puts alot of pressure on me to "Lose, Lose, Lose" but it also keeps me accountable to continue working hard. It's a double-edged sword that has stuck me many times.
Congrats on the classification change!!!! I don't understand peoples comments like that either. I work my butt off right now to loose every pound. It kills me how uneducated people are about wls and they don't even want to be educated they will just keep repeating what they hear others say. That's why I have not told others too.
I was hesitant about letting people know but I havn't really had any issue with people. I think mostly becaase I work in the medical community. I was very surprised people were excepting. I dont think anyone has the right to tell someone that there desicion is a bad decision when it is improving there life and health.
YAY!! I hope to be overweight like you very soon. :) That is awesome news!
People say things without having any idea what they are talking about. I KNOW it was the right thing for me and I am FAR from lazy. I hope people learn from my example instead of listening to talk, talk, talk.
Ya right....this band has been anything but "easy"! I have had many issues. And it doesn't mean (as we all know), that you can still put away a whole pizza. geez!
hey babe- wanted to check in with you. I have emailed you a couple of times, not sure if they are going to spam or something. I hope all is well, i miss you! xxoo
It's silly because the band is not for lazy people. I, and you know exactly, just how hard we have to work. Congrats on your new class!
Post a Comment