I want to dedicate this post to Trigger Foods.
Before being banded I was totally addicted to Diet Coke – love my DC. I had to give up soda for the surgery so it has been almost 1 year since I have had Diet Coke. I would say about 5-6 times throughout the year on a special occasion like Christmas and vacation I have had a glass of another diet soda here and there but I can’t touch Diet Coke. People told me it would get easier the longer I didn’t have it and that eventually I wouldn’t crave it anymore, but that didn’t happen. I want it all the time, but it has become second nature to say no which is a nice change.
Lately I have been thinking about my other triggers that I need to give up. I have 3 that I am aware of. One is Coffee; I’m totally addicted to the cream you put in and the caffeine. Another is, Chips. I love the crunchy salty and I crave it A LOT! The third is chocolate. I think it is pretty bad when you feel like you NEED something in order to feel better and I tend to be like that with chocolate. I think I’d loose my mind if I tried to give up all three at once…….I think I can cut out coffee pretty fast and at the same time perhaps cut WAY back on the chocolate and then move on the crunchy salty chip like items once I’ve “mastered” that. What do you think??? I'd love to hear about the ways you guys have given up your trigger foods.
3 comments:
I keep trying, get a couple of days under my belt, have a glass of wine and blow it. I can't live without chocolate and wine. Period.
My biggest trigger food is Ruffles original dipped in low fat sour cream...I still eat it occassionlly and try and limit my intake (which even though with the band I can eat huge portions, it's a slider food for me (:) I am a huge Pepsi Max or Diet Coke fan and again need to limit my intake..I can feel the effects of to much soda with the band. I would say work on one at a time.
Trigger foods are so hard. Mine for sure is icecream. If I have some of it, I want more of it. I can't have certain kinds in the house... Blue Moon for sure. Vanilla doesn't usually bother me but I can get desperate and eat that too.
I guess I just accept that these are my trigger foods and only allow myself them once in a while and take the crap that follows. The longer I am away from Blue Moon the better I am... but I can't give it up forever.
Post a Comment