Friday, December 17, 2010

NSV

I didn't really think I could do it but I decided to give it a try anyway. I have successfully run 1 mile quite a few times now so I decided to try and do 1 1/4 miles. That isn't that much more right? I ran at a little bit slower speed because I wanted to pace myself, I thought this was going to be really hard. Guess what, it wasn't! Actually when I got off at 1 1/4 miles all I kept thinking was "I should kept going to 1.5 miles." So today I am going to try that. When I was laying in bed last night all I could think about what how impressed/shocked I was. I never thought there would be a day when RUNNING felt easy!! That still totally sounds like an oxymoron lol. This seems like such a small thing but this really made me realize that I totally underestimate myself and not just a little, A LOT!!!

I want to "adopt" running.  It burns so many calories in a short amount of time and I feel so accomplished when I am finished!! I hope if you are reading this and you aren't a runner or much of an exerciser at all that maybe this makes you realize that, that doesn't have to be you!!!!

I know it sounds corny and cliche but you really can do anything you set your mind to, you really can be all that you want to be!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

Violinist with a Band said...

Yea!! That is so awesome :) I tried running also back in October (I think? Maybe it was early November...) and it was WAY easier than I thought it was going to be! I would love to run a 5k this summer. Are you going to try and do anything like that?

tagyourit said...

WOW! What a great NSV! I am working on the elliptical but when I get a little lighter I want to try running.

Rachel said...

That is great...it reflects continuing improvements in your level of fitness. I like your post...very encouraging.

Kathy said...

What a great accomplishment. It's true, the more you do, the more you can do and the loss of the weight makes it even more possible. You are a role model to many who read your blog. You should be so proud of yourself. Thank you for giving hope to those who otherwise would think there is none.

Tina said...

wahooo..go you. I was surprised that after all of my bike riding this summer that I could run as much as I could...I did debate adopting some running too...only I haven't gotten back on the treadmill yet ;)..keep at it you!!

xxxooo