I get a one hour lunch and since I started this job back in February I have always thought it would be a good idea to go walking during my lunch. I work in Salem, NH and though it is technically a "city" it's not really a city if you know what I mean, not when you compare it to Boston or New York anyway. However, the area I work in is a little built up, it's loaded with businesses and there is just nowhere I really feel comfortable walking. Then the light bulb turned on in my head!!! The Mall!!!
The Mall is only a 2-3 minute drive from where I work and it's rather large. When I got my BodyBugg I began walking there during my lunch break to try and increase my number of steps throughout the day. By the start of lunch I'm at about 1,000 steps and after Mall Walking =) I am at about 3,000 steps. When I get home I'm at 4,000 steps and If I don't work out I end my day at around 5,000 steps. However, if I do work out I usually exceed 8,000 steps....not too shabby if you ask me seeing the recommened about of steps per day is 10,000!!!
My husband thinks I'm the ultimate 23 year old grandma lol because I love to go to bed early and now I'm a Mall Walker! In our area Senior Citizens get up really early before the Mall opens to go walking together haha. I don't care what he says I'm a PROUD Mall Walker baby! =)
Gotta do what you gotta do to get your skinny on!
3 comments:
Just keep your mall walking girlie! I like to go walk mine, too. As long as you don't do the super fast arm-pump walk with your sketchers shape-ups on and a sweatband, I think you're good. LOL! :)
Oh how I love the mall! I suppose could try and exercise something besides my wallet there... great idea! Just tell your hubby that the older you act now by mall-walking and early bedtimes, the younger you will be/look and feel when you are actually a senior. Any man should appreciate that! LOL
Thanks for asking about me through your comment on my last post. I'm doing okay - just been super busy and haven't had the time to blog. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend. It's great that the bodybugg is motivating you to get more steps in. Awesome job!
Post a Comment